top of page


Exotic Animal Care

Not all veterinarians have the training and equipment to care for avian, reptile, and other exotic small animals. Below is a list of Exotic Specialists that are in Southwest Michigan:

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A consultation fee may apply.

If you have questions about animal health, medications, therapies, surgery, behavior, or safety. Visit Veterinary Partner to learn more about a health issue concerning your pet.

The content of the Pets and Parasites website was developed, reviewed, and endorsed by CAPC. The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) is an independent council of veterinarians, veterinary parasitologists, and other animal health care professionals established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people.

Veterinary Oral Health Council authorizes the use of the VOHC Registered Seal on products intended to help retard plaque and tartar on the teeth of animals.

Founded During The Heartworm Symposium Of 1974, The American Heartworm Society Aims to further scientific progress in the study of heartworm disease, inform the membership of new developments, encourage and help promote effective procedures for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heartworm disease. We follow the current guidelines when recommending the prevention and treatment of heartworm disease.

We are members of the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA) Representing over 2,100 veterinarians and veterinary students from all areas of the profession, the MVMA provides continuing education for veterinarians and related professionals, monitors state legislation and regulations pertaining to veterinary medicine and promotes veterinary medicine through a multifaceted public education program.

Recalls may be conducted on a firm's own initiative, by FDA request, or by FDA order under statutory authority.

If you are struggling with the loss of a pet, you can contact the MSU Pet Loss Support Group

bottom of page